This compact Ethernet I/O controller’s core operating system and bundled software applications boast numerous built-in features that make the JNIOR suitable for a variety of applications right out of the box, with no programming required.
The JNIOR Support Tool is a PC-based software package that should be downloaded from our website Support area as soon as you purchase a JNIOR. It allows you to enter your JNIOR IP address via our Beacon technology, configure a variety of JNIOR features via our Registry editor, easily load additional software and updates to one or many JNIORs, review logs and back-up or duplicate your JNIOR configuration.
INTEG offers many applications that are installed when the JNIOR is manufactured.
Slaving Service, MODBUS Server, Serial Control, Serial to Ethernet, and SNMP come preinstalled. You can activate these applications, reboot, configure and go!
INTEG offers other applications that are not loaded on the JNIOR by default but can be added by the customer.
Tasker, Cinema.JAR, DMX, Analog Presets, MQTT, and Utility Monitoring are all free add-on applications from INTEG.
If the JNIOR doesn’t have the functionality that you are looking for then a Java application can be written to add the additional business logic you are looking for. INTEG can work with you to get your custom application written. Either contract INTEG to write the application on specification or you can write it using your favorite IDE.
Develop Your Own!
Custom software can be developed by the user via the JNIOR Software Development Kit (SDK) or by INTEG (for a nominal fee) when requested by the end user. Please contact INTEG to discuss your custom application.
Communicate with the JNIOR
You can communicate with the JNIOR many different ways. You can communicate to monitor or control the JNIOR and it’s I/O. There are a few protocols that JANOS offers but additional applications on the JNIOR can offer more ways to communicate. You can use the Windows DLL to enable JNIOR Protocol communication in your application.
JNIOR Support Tool
The JNIOR Support Tool helps you manage your JNIORs. The JNIOR Support Tool is a Windows-based PC application that allows the user to enter the JNIOR IP address via our Beacon technology, configure a variety of JNIOR features via our Registry editor, easily load additional software and updates to one or many JNIORs, review logs and back-up or duplicate your JNIOR configuration.
With a comprehensive set of built-in functions, the JNIOR is more than just an Ethernet I/O module. Built-in functionality includes:
- Counters – each input acts as a counter capable of almost 2,000 pulses per second.
- Usage Meters – the total amount of time each input and output is ‘on’ is calculated.
- Latched Inputs – each input can be set to ‘latch on’ until manually reset or time expires.
- Inverted Inputs – change the logical decision of an input status from ‘off’ to ‘on’ to be inverted to ‘on’ to ‘off’.
- Flexible Output Control – the outputs can be turned on, off, toggled, or pulsed for a user definable time period.
- Output Initial State – each output can be set to turn ‘on’ or ‘pulse’ after boot-up.
- I/O Slaving – each output can be “slaved” to master input or output on same or different JNIOR.
- Alarms – alarms can be generated based on an input transition, or counter or usage meter value being exceeded.
- E-mail Notification – send e-mails based on alarms and other events.
- Real Time Clock – the JNIOR contains a battery backed real time clock that handles world time zones and daylight savings.
- Network Time Protocol – sync the JNIOR time with any server on the network or Internet.